Public Health Nurse: Home Visiting
Position Title: Public Health Nurse: Home Visit
Wage/Salary Range: $24.69-$32.50 per hour
FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Employment Status: Permanent, Full-time
Probationary Period: 12 months
Training Period: 3 months
Primary Location(s): Gable Road Office (St. Helens), countywide travel
Secondary location(s): None
Supervisor: Nurse Supervisor
Position Description Summary
The public health nurse will coordinate with providers and community agencies to ensure appropriate care is provided at the individual and community-level. The Home Visit program is critical to helping families get a healthy start: seeing a family in their home environment while identifying risks and providing resources for support. This nurse will be the primary Coordinator for program planning and reporting for home visit programs.
Key Accountability: Home Visits
Duty Statements: Nurse will provide home visits through state programs including Babies First and CaCOON
· Provides home visits to socially at-risk and medically at-risk infants and children
· Provides health assessments, developmental testing, and educational materials
· Provides referrals to other agencies and assists with referrals
· Respond to referrals within 5 work days, provide feedback for referring provider, and maintain community referral sources.
· Complete annual and semi-annual Title V report and plan- data analysis
· Attend community and partner meetings
· Case management and Care plan monitoring and follow up for each client
Approximate Percentage of time: 100%
· Achieve a caseload of at least 10 cases in the first three months of employment
· Achieve a caseload of at least 25 cases in the second quarter of employment
· Maintain a caseload of at least 25 cases, ongoing (annual evaluation).
· Close patient charts within 30 days of attrition.
· Meet program specific requirements for calling referrals, initiating home visits, screenings, assessments and interventions.
Expectations for all staff include:
Minimum Education Level Required
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current and active Oregon RN license. BSN/PHN preferred. Current BLS certification. Valid Oregon Drivers License, current automobile insurance and ready access to a reliable automobile. A PPD skin test or chest x-ray per public health protocol.
Minimum experience level required
2 years nursing experience. Case management, Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed Care experience preferred. IBCLC certification or ability to obtain within one year is a plus.
Amount of supervision received by the employee
Daily supervision available. Monthly chart review process. Reflective supervision
Analytical skill required
Set program goals and priorities based on community data and need
Level and budget volume of financial responsibility/accountability
Ability to enter accurate encounter data in electronic system is critical
Impact of actions carried by this position
Home visit services impact health outcomes for children in the county.
CD services manage and mitigate the risk of spread of disease
Diversity and complexity of the supervision exercised
Not responsible for supervision of other employees or volunteers
Scope of the human resources impact of this position
Level and Nature of internal contacts
Work as part of a team