Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Wage/Salary Range: $107,367.95-$158,428.01 Annual Salary, pro-rated based on FTE
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Employment Status: Permanent
Probationary Period: 12 months
Training Period: 2 weeks
Primary Location(s): School Based Health Centers in Columbia County
Secondary location(s): N/A
Supervisor: Director, Medical Director
Position Description Summary
Columbia Health Services is seeking a Primary Care Provider (Physician-MD/Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner) for the clinics it operates in Rainier, St. Helens, Clatskanie and Vernonia. Applicants must feel comfortable practicing in an isolated setting.
Columbia Health Services (CHS) operates four clinics in Columbia County, Oregon. The clinics are recognized as Oregon Patient Primary Care Home and certified Oregon School-Based Health Centers. There is fifth clinic at the CHS main office that provides immunizations, family planning, and other reproductive health services.
Position is weekdays only. Some vacation coverage and fill-in may be needed at the other clinics.
Position requires current Oregon certification and licensure as Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, current BLS certification, DEA. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain current licensure and certification.
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks of vacation (increases every 4 years), in addition to sick leave. Health, vision and dental insurance are available, as is a monthly fitness incentive and a 6% employer match contribution to a 401K. Benefits and leave are prorated based on FTE.
Key Accountability: Provide quality health care
· Perform comprehensive health assessment of clients by completing a physical and psychosocial history
· Conduct vitals of patients during rooming process
· Identify actual and potential health needs based on medical, mental/emotional, financial, and social factors
· Examine, treat, and advise patients on medical and emotional problems; make referrals to appropriate social or medical agencies or to unit of the county health system
· Chart treatment records and monitor results
· Prescribe and dispense medication and drugs suitable to patients; initiate and/or continue medical regimes for new patients; chart treatment records and monitor results; provide medical patient consultation to other physicians in the organization
Approximate Percentage of time: 100%
· Documentation shall be kept in electronic system and be legible, coherent.
· Must close encounter within 48 hours.
· Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
· Must store records and supplies to required standards at all times.
Key Accountability: Professional Courtesy
· Respond to patient requests must be timely.
· Shall work as a team in times of increased workload and/or PH emergency
· The employee will provide pertinent information to the appropriate person within two business days
· Ability to work well with internal (coworkers, patients) and external (school and community partners) people is essential
· Contribute professional medical expertise to the consultative, educational, and evaluative activities of the community health facility; participate in collaborative treatment with other medical and mental health professionals and technical staff.
· Participate in staff and professional conferences; consult on and assist in the development of in service training and orientation activities in areas of treatment and care of the patient population; participate in peer review.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Approximate Percentage of time: In all activities
· Respond to patient requests by the end of the next business day
· Shall not have more than one actionable complaint per quarter
· Expected to keep workspace functional, sanitary & presentable for other to use
Key Accountability: Efficiency
· Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
· All staff is expected to use EPIC electronic medical records through OCHIN for charting and case management.
· Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives impacting clinic operations and services
· Keep records and generating data needed;
· Identify service billing codes for services provided and assist in billing process
· Use the computer systems to input ICD-10 and CPT codes for statistical purposes
Approximate Percentage of time: In all activities
· Utilization of agency tools and resources including EHR, to maximize efficiency.
· Must limit the number of coding errors to 2 per month
· Take responsibility for requesting additional training needs, immediately.
Expectations for all staff include:
· Ability to work well with internal (coworkers, patients) and external (community partners) people is essential
· Utilization of agency tools and resources to maximize efficiency is critical (Google calendars, online order requests, email lists, etc.)
· Shall uphold the code of ethics in every interaction
· Shall represent PH professionally by being prepared, arriving on time, being engaged in the activity, and communicating factual information
· Must pass all site reviews
· Take responsibility for requesting additional training needs immediately
· Expected to keep workspace functional, sanitary & presentable for others to use
· Attend monthly staff meetings and quarterly program meetings.
· Maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Level Required
Minimum experience level required
Minimum 3-5 years clinical experience as nurse practitioner/physician assistant preferred
Strong interest in pediatric community and school-based health care.
Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Amount of supervision received by the employee
Medical Director is onsite 1-2 times per month
Clinic Manager is onsite 1-2 times per month and as needed
Analytical skill required
High level analytical skills required to provide medical care
Level and budget volume of financial responsibility/accountability
Not responsible for financial management
Impact of actions carried by this position
The position is key to the health of the student population and patient access should be a priority
Diversity and complexity of the supervision exercised
Provider issues medical orders for medical assistants. Not responsible for the supervision of other clinic staff
Scope of the human resources impact of this position
Not responsible for hiring/firing. May participate on selection committee for clinic positions.
Level and Nature of internal contacts
Works as a part of a care team. In-person interpersonal skills required.
Level and Nature of external contacts
Engages with specialists to provide care coordination. Partners with school personnel.